鴨  寮

[ 首頁 ] [ 小說館 ] [ 特約作家區 ] [ 心理測驗 ] [ 談笑風生

[ 塔羅館 ] [ 星座館 ] [ 鴨的相簿 ] [ 鴨的二三事 ]

[ 留言版 ] [交換連結 ]

+Act IV, Scene 2  A room in the castle

第二場 城堡中一室


[Enter OTHELLO and EMILIA]
Othello. You have seen nothing then? 

奧瑟羅及愛米利婭上。 
奧瑟羅 那麼你沒有看見什麼嗎? 


Emilia. Nor ever heard, nor ever did suspect. 

愛米利婭 沒有看見,沒有聽見,也沒有疑心到。 


Othello. Yes, you have seen Cassio and she together. 

奧瑟羅 你不是看見凱西奧跟她在一起嗎? 


Emilia. But then I saw no harm, and then I heard Each syllable that breath made up between them. 

愛米利婭 可是我不知道那有什麼不對,而且我聽見他們兩人所說的每一個字。 


Othello. What, did they never whisper? 

奧瑟羅 什麼!他們從來不曾低聲耳語嗎? 


Emilia. Never, my lord. 

愛米利婭 從來沒有,將軍。 


Othello. Nor send you out o' the way? 

奧瑟羅 也不曾打發你走開嗎? 


Emilia. Never. 

愛米利婭 沒有。 


Othello. To fetch her fan, her gloves, her mask, nor nothing? 

奧瑟羅 沒有叫你去替她拿扇子、手套、臉罩,或是什麼東西嗎? 


Emilia. Never, my lord. 

愛米利婭 沒有,將軍。 


Othello. That's strange. 

奧瑟羅 那可奇怪了。 


Emilia. I durst, my lord, to wager she is honest, Lay down my soul at stake: if you think other, Remove your thought; it doth abuse your bosom.
If any wretch have put this in your head, Let heaven requite it with the serpent's curse! For, if she be not honest, chaste, and true, There's no man happy; the purest of their wives Is foul as slander. 

愛米利婭 將軍,我敢用我的靈魂打賭她是貞潔的。要是您疑心她有非禮的行為,趕快除掉這種思想吧,因為那是您心理上的一個污點。要是哪一個混蛋把這種思想放進您的腦袋裡,讓上天罰他變成一條蛇,受永遠的咒詛!假如她不是貞潔、賢淑和忠誠的,那麼世上沒有一個幸福的男人了;最純潔的妻子,也會變成最醜惡的淫婦。 


Othello. Bid her come hither: go.
[Exit EMILIA]
She says enough; yet she's a simple bawd That cannot say as much. This is a subtle whore, A closet lock and key of villanous secrets And yet she'll kneel and pray; I have seen her do't. 
[Enter DESDEMONA with EMILIA]

奧瑟羅 叫她到這兒來;去。(愛米利婭下)她的話說得很動聽;可是這種拉慣皮條的人,都是天生的利嘴。這是一個狡猾的淫婦,一肚子千刁萬惡,當著人卻會跪下來向天祈禱;我看見過她這一種手段。 
     愛米利婭偕苔絲狄蒙娜重上。 


Desdemona. My lord, what is your will? 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我的主,您有什麼吩咐? 


Othello. Pray, chuck, come hither. 

奧瑟羅 過來,乖乖。 


Desdemona. What is your pleasure? 

苔絲狄蒙娜 您要我怎麼樣? 


Othello. Let me see your eyes; Look in my face. 

奧瑟羅 讓我看看你的眼睛;瞧著我的臉。 


Desdemona. What horrible fancy's this? 

苔絲狄蒙娜 這是什麼古怪的念頭? 


Othello. [To EMILIA] Some of your function, mistress; Leave procreants alone and shut the door; Cough, or cry 'hem,' if any body come: Your mystery, your mystery: nay, dispatch. 
[Exit EMILIA]

奧瑟羅 (向愛米利婭)你去留心你的事吧,奶奶;把門關了,讓我們兩人在這兒談談心。要是有人來了,你就在門口咳嗽一聲。幹你的貴營生去吧;快,快!(愛米利婭下。) 


Desdemona. Upon my knees, what doth your speech import? I understand a fury in your words. But not the words. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我跪在您的面前,請您告訴我您這些話是什麼意思?我知道您在生氣,可是我不懂您的話。 


Othello. Why, what art thou? 

奧瑟羅 嘿,你是什麼人? 


Desdemona. Your wife, my lord; your true And loyal wife. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我的主,我是您的妻子,您的忠心不貳的妻子。 


Othello. Come, swear it, damn thyself Lest, being like one of heaven, the devils themselves Should fear to seize thee: therefore be double damn'd: Swear thou art honest. 

奧瑟羅 來,發一個誓,讓你自己死後下地獄吧;因為你的外表太像一個天使了,倘不是在不貞之上,再加一重偽誓的罪名,也許魔鬼們會不敢抓你下去的;所以發誓說你是貞潔的吧。 


Desdemona. Heaven doth truly know it. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 天知道我是貞潔的。 


Othello. Heaven truly knows that thou art false as hell. 

奧瑟羅 天知道你是像地獄一樣淫邪的。 


Desdemona. To whom, my lord? with whom? how am I false? 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我的主,我對誰幹了欺心的事?我跟哪一個人有不端的行為?我怎麼是淫邪的? 


Othello. O Desdemona! away! away! away! 

奧瑟羅 啊,苔絲狄蒙娜!去!去!去! 


Desdemona. Alas the heavy day! Why do you weep? Am I the motive of these tears, my lord? If haply you my father do suspect An instrument of this your calling back, Lay not your blame on me: If you have lost him, Why, I have lost him too. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 唉,不幸的日子!——您為什麼哭?您的眼淚是為我而流的嗎,我的主?要是您疑心這次奉召回國,是我父親的主意,請您不要怪我;您固然失去他的好感,我也已經失去他的慈愛了。 


Othello. Had it pleased heaven To try me with affliction; had they rain'd All kinds of sores and shames on my bare head. Steep'd me in poverty to the very lips, Given to captivity me and my utmost hopes, I should have found in some place of my soul A drop of patience: but, alas, to make me A fixed figure for the time of scorn To point his slow unmoving finger at! Yet could I bear that too; well, very well: But there, where I have garner'd up my heart, Where either I must live, or bear no life; The fountain from the which my current runs, Or else dries up; to be discarded thence! Or keep it as a cistern for foul toads To knot and gender in! Turn thy complexion there, Patience, thou young and rose-lipp'd cherubin,—Ay, there, look grim as hell! 

奧瑟羅 要是上天的意思,要讓我受盡種種的磨折;要是他用諸般的痛苦和恥辱降在我的毫無防衛的頭上,把我浸沒在貧困的泥沼裡,剝奪我的一切自由和希望,我也可以在我的靈魂的一隅之中,找到一滴忍耐的甘露。可是唉!在這尖酸刻薄的世上,做一個被人戟指笑罵的目標!就連這個,我也完全可以容忍;可是我的心靈失去了歸宿,我的生命失去了寄托,我的活力的源泉枯竭了,變成了蛤蟆繁育生息的污池!忍耐,你朱唇韶顏的天嬰啊,轉變你的臉色,讓它化成地獄般的猙獰吧! 


Desdemona. I hope my noble lord esteems me honest. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我希望我在我的尊貴的夫主眼中,是一個賢良貞潔的妻子。 


Othello. O, ay; as summer flies are in the shambles, That quicken even with blowing. O thou weed, Who art so lovely fair and smell'st so sweet
That the sense aches at thee, would thou hadst ne'er been born! 

奧瑟羅 啊,是的,就像夏天肉舖裡的蒼蠅一樣貞潔——一邊撒它的卵子,一邊就在受孕。你這野草閒花啊!你的顏色是這樣嬌美,你的香氣是這樣芬芳,人家看見你嗅到你就會心疼;但願世上從來不曾有過你! 


Desdemona. Alas, what ignorant sin have I committed? 

苔絲狄蒙娜 唉!我究竟犯了什麼連我自己也不知道的罪惡呢? 


Othello. Was this fair paper, this most goodly book, Made to write 'whore' upon? What committed! Committed! O thou public commoner! I should make very forges of my cheeks, That would to cinders burn up modesty, Did I but speak thy deeds. What committed! Heaven stops the nose at it and the moon winks, The bawdy wind that kisses all it meets Is hush'd within the hollow mine of earth, And will not hear it. What committed! Impudent strumpet! 

奧瑟羅 這一張皎潔的白紙,這一本美麗的書冊,是要讓人家寫上「娼妓」兩個字的嗎?犯了什麼罪惡!啊,你這人盡可夫的娼婦!我只要一說起你所幹的事,我的兩頰就會變成兩座熔爐,把「廉恥」燒為灰燼。犯了什麼罪惡!天神見了它要掩鼻而過;月亮看見了要羞得閉上眼睛;碰見什麼都要親吻的淫蕩的風,也靜悄悄地躲在巖窟裡面,不願聽見人家提起它的名字。犯了什麼罪惡!不要臉的娼婦! 


Desdemona. By heaven, you do me wrong. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 天啊,您不該這樣侮辱我! 


Othello. Are you not a strumpet? 

奧瑟羅 你不是一個娼婦嗎? 


Desdemona. No, as I am a Christian: If to preserve this vessel for my lord From any other foul unlawful touch Be not to be a strumpet, I am none.  

苔絲狄蒙娜 不,我發誓我不是,否則我就不是一個基督徒。要是為我的主保持這一個清白的身子,不讓淫邪的手把它污毀,要是這樣的行為可以使我免去娼婦的惡名,那麼我就不是娼婦。 


Othello. What, not a whore? 

奧瑟羅 什麼!你不是一個娼婦嗎? 


Desdemona. No, as I shall be saved. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 不,否則我死後沒有得救的希望。 


Othello. Is't possible? 

奧瑟羅 真的嗎? 


Desdemona. O, heaven forgive us! 

苔絲狄蒙娜 啊!上天饒恕我們! 


Othello. I cry you mercy, then: I took you for that cunning whore of Venice That married with Othello. 
[Raising his voice]
You, mistress, That have the office opposite to Saint Peter, And keep the gate of hell!
[Re-enter EMILIA]
You, you, ay, you! We have done our course; there's money for your pains: I pray you, turn the key and keep our counsel. 
[Exit]

奧瑟羅 那麼我真是多多冒昧了;我還以為你就是那個嫁給奧瑟羅的威尼斯的狡猾的娼婦哩。——喂,你這位剛剛和聖彼得幹著相反的差使的,看守地獄門戶的奶奶!愛米利婭重上。 

奧瑟羅 你,你,對了,你!我們已經完事了。這幾個錢是給你作為酬勞的;請你開了門上的鎖,不要洩漏我們的秘密。(下。) 


Emilia. Alas, what does this gentleman conceive? How do you, madam? how do you, my good lady? 

愛米利婭 唉!這位老爺究竟在轉些什麼念頭呀?您怎麼啦,夫人?您怎麼啦,我的好夫人? 


Desdemona. 'Faith, half asleep. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我是在半醒半睡之中。 


Emilia. Good madam, what's the matter with my lord? 

愛米利婭 好夫人,我的主到底有些什麼心事? 


Desdemona. With who? 

苔絲狄蒙娜 誰? 


Emilia. Why, with my lord, madam. 

愛米利婭 我的主呀,夫人。 


Desdemona. Who is thy lord? 

苔絲狄蒙娜 誰是你的主? 


Emilia. He that is yours, sweet lady. 

愛米利婭 我的主就是你的丈夫,好夫人。 


Desdemona. I have none: do not talk to me, Emilia; I cannot weep; nor answer have I none, But what should go by water. Prithee, tonight Lay on my bed my wedding sheets: remember; And call thy husband hither. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我沒有丈夫。不要對我說話,愛米利婭;我不能哭,我沒有話可以回答你,除了我的眼淚。請你今夜把我結婚的被褥舖在我的床上,記好了;再去替我叫你的丈夫來。 


Emilia. Here's a change indeed! 
[Exit]

愛米利婭 真是變了,變了!(下。) 


Desdemona. 'Tis meet I should be used so, very meet. How have I been behaved, that he might stick The small'st opinion on my least misuse? 
[Re-enter EMILIA with IAGO]

苔絲狄蒙娜 我應該受到這樣的待遇,全然是應該的。我究竟有些什麼不檢的行為——哪怕只是一丁點兒的錯誤,才會引起他的猜疑呢? 
     愛米利婭率伊阿古重上。 


Iago. What is your pleasure, madam? How is't with you? 

伊阿古 夫人,您有什麼吩咐?您怎麼啦? 


Desdemona. I cannot tell. Those that do teach young babes Do it with gentle means and easy tasks: He might have chid me so; for, in good faith,
I am a child to chiding. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我不知道。小孩子做了錯事,做父母的總是用溫和的態度,輕微的責罰教訓他們;他也可以這樣責備我,因為我是一個該受管教的孩子。 


Iago. What's the matter, lady? 

伊阿古 怎麼一回事,夫人? 


Emilia. Alas, Iago, my lord hath so bewhored her. Thrown such despite and heavy terms upon her, As true hearts cannot bear. 

愛米利婭 唉!伊阿古,將軍口口聲聲罵她娼婦,用那樣難堪的名字加在她的身上,稍有人心的人,誰聽見了都不能忍受。 


Desdemona. Am I that name, Iago? 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我應該得到那樣一個稱呼嗎,伊阿古? 


Iago. What name, fair lady? 

伊阿古 什麼稱呼,好夫人? 


Desdemona. Such as she says my lord did say I was. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 就像她說我的主稱呼我的那種名字。 


Emilia. He call'd her whore: a beggar in his drink Could not have laid such terms upon his callat. 

愛米利婭 他叫她娼婦;一個喝醉了酒的叫化子,也不會把這種名字加在他的姘婦身上。 


Iago. Why did he so? 

伊阿古 為什麼他要這樣? 


Desdemona. I do not know; I am sure I am none such. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 我不知道;我相信我不是那樣的女人。 


Iago. Do not weep, do not weep. Alas the day! 

伊阿古 不要哭,不要哭。唉! 


Emilia. Hath she forsook so many noble matches, Her father and her country and her friends, To be call'd whore? would it not make one weep? 

愛米利婭 多少名門貴族向她求婚,她都拒絕了;她拋下了老父,離鄉背井,遠別親友,結果卻只討他罵一聲娼婦嗎?這還不叫人傷心嗎? 


Desdemona. It is my wretched fortune. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 都是我自己命薄。 


Iago. Beshrew him for't! How comes this trick upon him? 

伊阿古 他太豈有此理了!他怎麼會起這種心思的? 


Desdemona. Nay, heaven doth know. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 天才知道。 


Emilia. I will be hang'd, if some eternal villain, Some busy and insinuating rogue, Some cogging, cozening slave, to get some office, Have not devised this slander; I'll be hang'd else. 

愛米利婭 我可以打賭,一定有一個萬劫不復的惡人,一個愛管閒事、鬼討好的傢伙,一個說假話騙人的奴才,因為要想鑽求差使,造出這樣的謠言來;要是我的話說得不對,我願意讓人家把我吊死。 


Iago. Fie, there is no such man; it is impossible. 

伊阿古 呸!哪裡有這樣的人?一定不會的。 


Desdemona. If any such there be, heaven pardon him! 

苔絲狄蒙娜 要是果然有這樣的人,願上天寬恕他! 


Emilia. A halter pardon him! and hell gnaw his bones! Why should he call her whore? who keeps her company? What place? what time? what form? what likelihood? The Moor's abused by some most villanous knave, Some base notorious knave, some scurvy fellow. O heaven, that such companions thou'ldst unfold, And put in every honest hand a whip To lash the rascals naked through the world Even from the east to the west! 

愛米利婭 寬恕他!一條繩子箍住他的頸項,地獄裡的惡鬼咬碎他的骨頭!他為什麼叫她娼婦?誰跟她在一起?什麼所在?什麼時候?什麼方式?什麼根據?這摩爾人一定是上了不知哪一個千刁萬惡的壞人的當,一個下流的大混蛋,一個卑鄙的傢伙;天啊!願你揭破這種傢伙的嘴臉,讓每一個老實人的手裡都拿一根鞭子,把這些混蛋們脫光了衣服抽一頓,從東方一直抽到西方!


Iago. Speak within door. 

伊阿古 別嚷得給外邊都聽見了。


Emilia. O, fie upon them! Some such squire he was That turn'd your wit the seamy side without, And made you to suspect me with the Moor. 

愛米利婭 哼,可惡的東西!前回弄昏了你的頭,使你疑心我跟這摩爾人有曖昧的,也就是這種傢伙。 


Iago. You are a fool; go to. 

伊阿古 好了,好了;你是個傻瓜。


Desdemona. O good Iago, What shall I do to win my lord again? Good friend, go to him; for, by this light of heaven, I know not how I lost him. Here I kneel: If e'er my will did trespass 'gainst his love, Either in discourse of thought or actual deed, Or that mine eyes, mine ears, or any sense,
Delighted them in any other form; Or that I do not yet, and ever did. And ever will—though he do shake me off To beggarly divorcement—love him dearly, Comfort forswear me! Unkindness may do much; And his unkindness may defeat my life, But never taint my love. I cannot say 'whore:' It does abhor me now I speak the word; To do the act that might the addition earn Not the world's mass of vanity could make me. 

苔絲狄蒙娜 好伊阿古啊,我應當怎樣重新取得我的丈夫的歡心呢?好朋友,替我向他解釋解釋;因為憑著天上的太陽起誓,我實在不知道我怎麼會失去他的寵愛。我對天下跪,要是在思想上、行動上,我曾經有意背棄他的愛情;要是我的眼睛、我的耳朵或是我的任何感覺,曾經對別人發生愛悅;要是我在過去、現在和將來,不是那樣始終深深地愛著他,即使他把我棄如敝屣,也不因此而改變我對他的忠誠;要是我果然有那樣的過失,願我終身不能享受快樂的日子!無情可以給人重大的打擊;他的無情也許會摧殘我的生命,可是永不能毀壞我的愛情。我不願提起「娼婦」兩個字,一說到它就會使我心生憎惡,更不用說親自去幹那博得這種醜名的勾當了;整個世界的榮華也不能誘動我。 


Iago. I pray you, be content; 'tis but his humour: The business of the state does him offence, And he does chide with you. 

伊阿古 請您寬心,這不過是他一時的心緒惡劣,在國家大事方面受了點刺激,所以跟您嘔起氣來啦。 


Desdemona. If 'twere no other— 

苔絲狄蒙娜 要是沒有別的原因—— 


Iago. 'Tis but so, I warrant.
[Trumpets within]
Hark, how these instruments summon to supper! The messengers of Venice stay the meat; Go in, and weep not; all things shall be well. 
[Exeunt DESDEMONA and EMILIA]
[Enter RODERIGO]
How now, Roderigo! 

伊阿古 只是為了這個原因,我可以保證。(喇叭聲)聽!喇叭在吹晚餐的信號了;威尼斯的使者在等候進餐。進去,不要哭;一切都會圓滿解決的。(苔絲狄蒙娜、愛米利婭下。) 
     羅德利哥上。 

伊阿古 啊,羅德利哥! 


Roderigo. I do not find that thou dealest justly with me. 

羅德利哥 我看你全然在欺騙我。


Iago. What in the contrary? 

伊阿古 我怎麼欺騙你? 


Roderigo. Every day thou daffest me with some device, Iago; and rather, as it seems to me now, keepest from me all conveniency than suppliest me with the least advantage of hope. I will indeed no longer endure it, nor am I yet persuaded to put up in peace what already I have foolishly suffered. 

羅德利哥 伊阿古,你每天在我面前耍手段,把我支吾過去;照我現在看來,你非但不給我開一線方便之門,反而使我的希望一天小似一天。我實在再也忍不住了。為了自己的愚蠢,我已經吃了不少的苦頭,這一筆賬我也不能就此善罷甘休。 


Iago. Will you hear me, Roderigo? 

伊阿古 你願意聽我說嗎,羅德利哥? 


Roderigo. 'Faith, I have heard too much, for your words and performances are no kin together. 

羅德利哥 哼,我已經聽得太多了;你的話和行動是不相符合的。 


Iago. You charge me most unjustly. 

伊阿古 你太冤枉人啦。 


Roderigo. With nought but truth. I have wasted myself out of my means. The jewels you have had from me to deliver to Desdemona would half have corrupted a votarist: you have told me she hath received them and returned me expectations and comforts of sudden respect and acquaintance, but I find none. 

羅德利哥 我一點沒有冤枉你。我的錢都花光啦。你從我手裡拿去送給苔絲狄蒙娜的珠寶,即使一個聖徒也會被它誘惑的;你對我說她已經收下了,告訴我不久就可以聽到喜訊,可是到現在還不見一點動靜。 


Iago. Well; go to; very well. 

伊阿古 好,算了;很好。 


Roderigo. Very well! go to! I cannot go to, man; nor 'tis not very well: nay, I think it is scurvy, and begin to find myself fobbed in it. 

羅德利哥 很好!算了!我不能就此算了,朋友;這事情也不很好。我舉手起誓,這種手段太卑鄙了;我開始覺得我自己受了騙了。 


Iago. Very well. 

伊阿古 很好。 


Roderigo. I tell you 'tis not very well. I will make myself known to Desdemona: if she will return me my jewels, I will give over my suit and repent my unlawful solicitation; if not, assure yourself I will seek satisfaction of you. 

羅德利哥 我告訴你這事情不很好。我要親自去見苔絲狄蒙娜,要是她肯把我的珠寶還我,我願意死了這片心,懺悔我這種非禮的追求;要不然的話,你留心點兒吧,我一定要跟你算賬。 


Iago. You have said now. 

伊阿古 你現在話說完了吧? 


Roderigo. Ay, and said nothing but what I protest intendment of doing. 

羅德利哥 喂,我的話都是說過就做的。 


Iago. Why, now I see there's mettle in thee, and even from this instant to build on thee a better opinion than ever before. Give me thy hand, Roderigo: thou hast taken against me a most just exception; but yet, I protest, I have dealt most directly in thy affair.

伊阿古 好,現在我才知道你是一個有骨氣的人;從這一刻起,你已經使我比從前加倍看重你了。把你的手給我,羅德利哥。你責備我的話,都非常有理;可是我還要聲明一句,我替你幹這件事情,的的確確是盡忠竭力,不敢昧一分良心的。 


Roderigo. It hath not appeared. 

羅德利哥 那還沒有事實的證明。 


Iago. I grant indeed it hath not appeared, and your suspicion is not without wit and judgment. But, Roderigo, if thou hast that in thee indeed, which I have greater reason to believe now than ever, I mean purpose, courage and valour, this night show it: if thou the next night following enjoy not Desdemona, take me from this world with treachery and devise engines for my life. 

伊阿古 我承認還沒有事實的證明,你的疑心不是沒有理由的。可是,羅德利哥,要是你果然有決心,有勇氣,有膽量——我現在相信你一定有的——今晚你就可以表現出來;要是明天夜裡你不能享用苔絲狄蒙娜,你可以用無論什麼惡毒的手段、什麼陰險的計謀,取去我的生命。 


Roderigo. Well, what is it? is it within reason and compass? 

羅德利哥 好,你要我怎麼幹?是說得通做得到的事嗎? 


Iago. Sir, there is especial commission come from Venice to depute Cassio in Othello's place. 

伊阿古 老兄,威尼斯已經派了專使來,叫凱西奧代替奧瑟羅的職位。 


Roderigo. Is that true? why, then Othello and Desdemona return again to Venice. 

羅德利哥 真的嗎?那麼奧瑟羅和苔絲狄蒙娜都要回到威尼斯去了。 


Iago. O, no; he goes into Mauritania and takes away with him the fair Desdemona, unless his abode be lingered here by some accident: wherein none can be so determinate as the removing of Cassio. 

伊阿古 啊,不,他要到毛裡塔尼亞去,把那美麗的苔絲狄蒙娜一起帶走,除非這兒出了什麼事,使他耽擱下來。最好的辦法是把凱西奧除掉。 


Roderigo. How do you mean, removing of him? 

羅德利哥 你說把他除掉是什麼意思?


Iago. Why, by making him uncapable of Othello's place; knocking out his brains. 

伊阿古 砸碎他的腦袋,讓他不能擔任奧瑟羅的職位。 


Roderigo. And that you would have me to do? 

羅德利哥 那就是你要我去幹的事嗎? 


Iago. Ay, if you dare do yourself a profit and a right. He sups to-night with a harlotry, and thither will I go to him: he knows not yet of his horrorable fortune. If you will watch his going thence, which I will fashion to fall out between twelve and one, you may take him at your pleasure: I will be near to second your attempt, and he shall fall between us. Come, stand not amazed at it, but go along with me; I will show you such a necessity in his death that you shall think yourself bound to put it on him. It is now high suppertime, and the night grows to waste: about it. 

伊阿古 嗯,要是你敢做一件對你自己有利益的事。他今晚在一個妓女家裡吃飯,我也要到那兒去見他。現在他還沒有知道他自己的命運。我可以設法讓他在十二點鐘到一點鐘之間從那兒出來,你只要留心在門口守候,就可以照你的意思把他處置;我就在附近接應你,他在我們兩人之間一定逃不了。來,不要發呆,跟我去;我可以告訴你為什麼他的死是必要的,你聽了就會知道這是你的一件無可推辭的行動。現在正是晚餐的時候,夜過去得很快,準備起來吧。 


Roderigo. I will hear further reason for this.

羅德利哥 我還要聽一聽你要教我這樣做的理由。 


Iago. And you shall be satisfied. 
[Exeunt] 

伊阿古 我一定可以向你解釋明白。(同下。)


[ 第四幕第一場 ] [ 第四幕第三場 ]